BEFORE THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
IN THE MATTER OF THE MONITORING AND MITIGATION WORK PLAN FOR THE PRATHER SPRING AREA, GARFIELD COUNTY, COLORADO
CAUSE NO. 1
ORDER NO. 1-166
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for an expedited hearing before the Commission on November 29, 2010, at The Chancery Building, 1120 Lincoln Street, Suite 801, Denver, Colorado 80203, for an order to consider the proposed Prather Spring Monitoring and Mitigation Workplan for Monitored Attenuation Remedy (“MMP”) pursuant to the terms of the Administrative Order by Consent (“AOC”) approved under Order No. 1V-350.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. The landowners (collectively, Ned Prather, Dick L. Prather, William Lyle Prather, Donna J. Koehler, and JOJO Properties, Inc.), as applicants herein, and Williams Production RMT Company (“Williams”) are interested parties in the subject matter of the above-referenced hearing.
2. Due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
3. The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (“Commission” or “COGCC”) has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order pursuant to the Oil and Gas Conservation Act.
4. On October 6, 2010, Williams filed the proposed MMP for the Prather Spring area as is required by the terms of the AOC approved in Order No. 1V-350.
5. On November 16, 2010, the landowners filed a written request for an expedited hearing to consider the proposed MMP as is provided for the terms of the AOC approved in Order No. 1V-350. Subsequently and just prior to hearing, the landowners withdrew their application for an expedited hearing.
6. At hearing, COGCC Staff indicated that it supports the MMP as presented by Williams. Williams requested that it be given until December 18, 2010 to submit a final MMP for COGCC approval, and be given until May 1, 2011, to commence operations under the final MMP, weather permitting.
NOW, THEREFORE IT IS ORDERED, that the proposed MMP submitted by Williams is hereby approved.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that Williams shall submit a final MMP for COGCC approval by December 18, 2010, and shall be given until May 1, 2011, to commence operations under the final MMP, weather permitting.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the provisions contained in the above orders shall become effective immediately.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the Commission expressly reserves its right, after notice and hearing, to alter, amend or repeal any and/or all of the above orders.
ENTERED this day of March 2011, as of November 29, 2010.
OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
Robert A. Willis, Acting Secretary
Dated at Suite 801
1120 Lincoln Street
Denver, Colorado 80203
March 9, 2011