|IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF W. R. MURFIN, D/B/A MURFIN DRILLING COMPANY AND SUN OPERATING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP FOR AN EMERGENCY ORDER OF THE COMMISSION TO ALLOW THE DRILLING OF THE APPLICANT'S PROPOSED BLEDSOE #1-2 WELL IN LOT 20 (BEING THE APPROXIMATE SE/4 SE/4) OF SECTION 2 OF TOWNSHIP 13 SOUTH, RANGE 51 WEST, 6TH P.M., CHEYENNE COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 466 Order No. 466-1|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
On January 6, 1989, W. R. Murfin, d/b/a Murfin Drilling Company and Sun Operating Limited Partnership filed an application for an Emergency Order to be issued requiring an Emergency Hearing in the matter of the Applicant's filing of a Form 2, Application to Drill at a location in Lot 20 (SE/4 SE/4) Section 2 Township 13 South, Range 51 West, 6th P.M., Cheyenne County, Colorado.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That the Commission has jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
2. That an Application to Drill was approved on August 31, 1988 for Samedan Oil Corporation for a well Bledsoe 1-2 in the SE/4 SE/4 Section 2, Township 13 South, Range 51 West, Cheyenne County, Colorado. This application, assigned Permit No. 88-862, was granted an extension of the expiration date to April 28, 1989 in accordance with Rule 303.
3. That no well has been drilled at or near the location in the SE/4 SE/4 of said Section 2.
4. That the Oil and Gas Lease of Murfin Drilling Company will expire February 1, 1989.
5. That, in accordance with Rule 514 of the Rules and Regulations of the Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, an emergency exists requiring immediate action, and that a hearing in the above-entitled matter should De held within fifteen (15) days.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, that the above-entitled matter be scheduled for hearing on Tuesday, January 17, 1989 at 8:30 A.M. in Room 101, State Education Building, 201 East Colfax, Denver, Colorado at which time the Commission will enter such orders as it deems appropriate to carry out the purposes of the statute.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that this Order shall be effective fifteen (15) days, commencing January 9, 1989. ENTERED this 9th day of January 1989, as of January 9, 1989.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO By Dennis R. Bicknell, Secretary