|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE BARREL SPRINGS FIELD, PROWERS COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 284 Order No. 284-5|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on July 16, 1990 at 8:30 a.m., in Room 101, State Education Building, 201 East Colfax, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the verified application of Medallion Petroleum, Inc. for an order to include all of Section 24 and the NW/4 of Section 25, Township 25 South, Range 45 West, 6th P.M. in the spaced area of Barrel Springs Field and further that the exisiting drilling and spacing unit consisting of the N/2 of Section 26, Township 25 South, Range 45 West, 6th P.M. be cancelled and that a new 320-acre unit be designated to consist of the NE/4 of Section 26 and the NW/4 of Section 25.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. Medallion Petroleum, Inc., as applicant herein, is an interested party in the subject matter of the above-referenced hearing.
2. Due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
3. The Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
4. That the Commission, in Order No. 284-1, established 320-acre drilling and spacing units for the production of gas and associated hydrocarbons from the Morrow formation and that the units may consist of any combination of two contiguous governmental quarter sections.
5. That based on the facts stated in the verified application and receiving no protests and having been heard by the Director as Hearing Officer on July 13, 1990, and recommended for approval, the Commission should enter an order including all of said Section 24 and the NW/4 of said Section 25 in the spaced area of Barrel Springs Field and that the prior spacing unit consisting of the N/2 of Section 26, Township 25 South, Range 45 West, 6th P.M. be cancelled and that a new unit be designated to consist of the NE/4 of said Section 26
- 1 -(284-5)
and the NW/4 of said Section 25 for the production of gas and associated hydrocarbons from the Morrow formation underlying said unit.
6. That at the time of administrative hearing the parties agreed to be bound by the verbal order of the Commission in this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that the following rules and regulations shall apply hereafter to wells drilled, completed, or recompleted in the Morrow formation underlying the Barrel Springs Field herein described, in addition to other applicable rules and regulations and orders of the Commission if any, heretofore adopted and not in conflict herewith:
RULE 1: Three hundred twenty (320) acre drilling and spacing units shall be and the same are hereby established for the production of gas and associated hydrocarbons from the Morrow formation underlying the following described lands in the Barrel Springs Field, Prowers County, Colorado, to-wit:
- 2 -(284-5)
Township 25 South, Range 45 West, 6th P.M.
Section 21: All Section 27: All Section 22: All Section 28: All Section 23: All Section 29: All Section 24: ALL Section 32: All Section 25: NW/4 Section 33: All Section 26: N/2, SW/4 Section 34: All Section 35: NW/4
RULE 2: Said drilling units shall consist of three hundred twenty (320) acres, more or less, and each such drilling unit shall consist of any combination of two contiguous governmental quarter sections, which units shall be designated at the time of filing the permit to drill, and the permitted well for each unit shall be located no closer than 990 feet from the boundaries of the unit, and that the E/2 Section 28, W/2 Section 28, S/2 Section 27, N/2 Section 27, W/2 Section 33, S/2 Section 22, and the NE/4 Section 26 and NW/4 Section 25, Township 25 South, Range 45 West, 6th P.M. shall be designated drilling units and the gas wells already located on each such unit shall be the permitted well for the drilling and spacing unit upon which it is located.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the prior established unit consisting of the N/2 of said Section 26 is hereby cancelled.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the Commission expressly reserves its right, after notice and hearing, to alter, amend or repeal any and/or all of the above orders.
ENTERED this day of ,
1990, as of July 16, 1990.
OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Dennis R. Bicknell, Secretary
Dated at Suite 380 1580 Logan Street Denver, Colorado 80203
- 3 -(284-5)