|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE COMANCHE CREEK FIELD, ELBERT COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 276 Order No. 276-5|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on September 19, 1977 at 9 A.M., in Room 110, State Centennial Building, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of Champlin Petroleum Company, for an order authorizing the drilling of an additional well for the production of oil and associated hydrocarbons from the "D" Sand in a 160-acre drilling and spacing unit, at a location in the center of the NW/4 SW/4, Section 17, Township 6 South, Range 62 West, 6th P.M.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
2. That the Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
3. That on September 18, 1973, the Commission issued its Order No. 276-1 which established 160-acre drilling and spacing units for the production of oil and associated hydrocarbons from the "D" Sand underlying lands in the Comanche Creek Field. Each unit consists of a governmental quarter section with the permitted well located in the center of the NW/4 of each quarter section with a tolerance of 200 feet for topography.
4. That a well has been drilled and completed for production in the "D" Sand at a location in the NW/4 SW/4 Section 17, Township 6 South, Range 62 West, 6th P.M., and is the permitted well for the unit consisting of the SW/4 of said Section 17.
5. That testimony presented at the hearing indicates that the drilling of an additional well on the unit described herein is necessary in order to obtain additional information to determine if one well is adequately draining an area of approximately 160 acres and to evaluate the possibility of a secondary recovery program; therefore, an additional well should be allowed to be drilled at a location in the center of the SE/4 SW/4 of said Section 17, with a tolerance of 200 feet for topography.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that an additional well for the pro-duction of oil and associated hydrocarbons from the "D" Sand is hereby authorized to be drilled in the drilling and spacing unit consisting of the SW/4 Section 17, Township 6 South, Range 62 West, 6th P.M., Comanche Creek Field, Elbert County, Colorado, and that said well be located in the center of the SE/4 SW/4 of said Section 17, with a tolerance of 200 feet for topography.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the above order shall become effective forthwith.
ORDERED this 19th day of September, 1977.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary
-- 2 --