|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE LEFT HAND FIELD, KIOWA COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 252 Order No. 252-5|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on July 19, 1982 at 9:00 A.M., in Room 110, State Centennial Building, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of Murfin Drilling Co., for an order granting an exception to the spacing pattern as established by Order No. 252-1 for the Left Hand Field, Kiowa County, Colorado.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. Murfin Drilling Company, as applicant herein, is an inter-ested party in the subject matter of the above-referenced hearing.
2. Due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
3. The Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter em-braced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdic-tion to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
4. On April 18, 1972, the Commission issued Order No. 252-1 which established certain designated 640-acre drilling and spacing units for the production of gas and associated hydrocarbons from the Keyes (Lower Morrow) Sandstone, with the permitted well for each designated unit to be located within a radius of 1320 feet from the center of each unit. Certain designated units were deleted from the spaced area of the field by subsequent orders. A remaining unit, No. 10, consists of the E/2 Section 20 and the W/2 Section 21, Township 18 South, Range 47 West, 6th P.M.
5. Evidence presented at the hearing indicates that a well, the No. 1 Wear, was drilled at a location 600 feet from the east line and 990 feet from the south line, Section 20, Township 18 South, Range 47 West, 6th P.M. in accordance with Rule 318, for the production of oil from the Marmaton formation. However, the well was incapable of production from this zone, but is capable of production of gas from the Keyes (Lower Morrow) formation and should be considered an exception to the spacing pattern as established by Order No. 252-1 and be allowed to produce from the Keyes (Lower Morrow) formation.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that an exception to the spacing pattern established by Order No. 252-1 for the Left Hand Field, Kiowa County, Colorado, is hereby granted for Well No. 1 Wear Trust, drilled at a location 990 feet from the south line and 600 feet from the east line, Section 20, Township 18 South, Range 47 West, 6th P.M., and that production of gas and associated hydrocarbons from the Keyes (Lower Morrow) formation reservoir is hereby allowed and that said well be the permitted well for the unit.
ENTERED this day of 1982, as of July 19, 1982.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary