|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE IRONDALE FIELD, ADAMS COUNTY, COLORADO (Emergency||Cause No. 251 Order No. 251-6|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
On September 25, 1972, the Commission issued its Order No. 251-5 for the Irondale Field which, among other things established a production limitation on wells capable of producing both oil and gas from both the "D" and/or "J" Sands.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That the Commission has jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
2. That an emergency exists requiring immediate action by the Commis-sion, and that an emergency order should be issued in accordance with the provisions of 100-6-7 (3) CRS 1963, as amended.
3. That construction of the Irondale Gas Processing Plant has been com-pleted and the plant is capable of taking gas; therefore, temporary relief should be granted from the restrictions on production of oil and gas as established by Order No. 251-5 in order to obtain the amount of gas needed to operate the plant.
4. That in order to minimize abuse of correlative rights, said relief from production restrictions should be granted only when all wells capable of producing both oil and gas within the field that are to be connected to the gas processing plant have been connected.
5. That a hearing should be scheduled for June 19, 1973, at which time the Commission will hear evidence in order to determine what field rules, if any, should be adopted for the production of oil and gas from the Irondale Field.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that temporary relief from the production limitations as established by Order No. 251-5 for the Irondale Field, Adams County, Colorado, is hereby granted and that said relief from production restrictions shall be allowed only when all wells capable of producing both oil and gas in the field that are to be connected to the Irondale Gas Processing Plant have been connected.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the operators of the Irondale Field are hereby requested to appear at the hearing scheduled for June 19, 1973 to present infor-mation to the Commission in order to determine what field rules, if any, shall be adopted for the production of oil and gas from the field.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that this order shall be effective for fifteen (15) days commencing March 31, 1973.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary