|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE SPINDLE FIELD, WELD COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 250 Order No. 250-7|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on February 20, 1973, at 9 A.M., in the Auditorium of the C.B.I. Building, 1370 Broadway, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of Amoco Production Company for an order requiring the pooling of all tracts of land within the designated unit consisting of the S/2 SE/4 Section 11 Township 1 North, Range 67 West, 6th P.M., Spindle Field, Weld County, Colorado, for the development of the Sussex formation underlying said unit.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
2. That the Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
3. That by its Order Nos. 250-1 and 250-2, the Commission established a drilling unit of approximately 80-acres for the production of oil and the development of the Sussex formation underlying said unit which is comprised of the S/2 SE/4 Section 11, Township 1 North, Range 67 West, 6th P.M., Spindle Field, Weld County, Colorado.
4. That reasonable effort has been made to obtain the voluntary pooling of all interests in said drilling unit for the development and operation thereof, but that it has not been possible to secure the agreement of all owners of interests in said unit for the voluntary pooling thereof.
5. That Applicant is an "interested person" within the meaning of 100-6-4(6) of the Oil and Gas Conservation Act of the State of Colorado.
6. That Applicant's Myrtle E. Mathisen Well No. 1, located in the SW/4 SE/4 of said Section 11, has been completed as a well capable of producing oil from the, Sussex formation, and that said well constitutes the permitted well for said drilling unit.
7. That in order to insure proper and efficient development of said drilling unit and to promote conservation of the oil resources of the State, an order should be made pooling all interests in the 80-acre drilling unit described herein.
8. That an order of the Commission pooling all interests in said drilling unit is necessary, just, and reasonable in order to afford each owner of interest in said drilling unit the opportunity to recover and receive his just and equitable share of the gas from the common source of supply underlying said drilling unit. (over)
9. That production obtained from said drilling unit should be allocated to each tract therein on the basis of the proportion that the number of acres in such tract bears to the total number of acres within said drilling unit.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that pursuant to the provisions of 100-6-4 of the Oil and Gas Conservation Act of the State of Colorado, all interests in the drilling unit described as the S/2 SE/4 of Section 11, Township 1 North, Range 67 West, 6th P.M., Spindle Field, Weld County, Colorado, are hereby pooled for the development and operation of said drilling unit.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the production obtained from said drilling unit shall be allocated to each tract therein on the basis of the proportion that the number of acres in such tract bears to the total number of acres within said drilling unit, and each owner of interest in said tracts in said drilling unit shall be entitled to receive his share of the production of the well located, or to be located on said drilling unit, applicable to his interest in said drilling unit.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that this order shall become effective forthwith.
ORDERED this 20th day of February, 1973.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary
(#250-7} -- 2 --