|IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF WESTERN SLOPE GAS COMPANY FOR UNDERGROUND STORAGE OF NATURAL GAS IN THE FRUITA FIELD, MESA COUNTY, COLORADO||Cause No. 242 Order No. 242-1|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on July 20, 1971, at 9 A.M., in Room 132, State Services Building, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of Western Slope Gas Company for an order approving the storage of natural gas in an underground reser-voir underlying the Fruita Field, Mesa County, Colorado.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
2. That the Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
3. That Applicant, the Western Slope Gas Company, is a Colorado corpo-ration, and is a natural gas public utility as required by the provisions of Chapter 100, Article 9, Colorado Revised Statutes 1963.
4. That Applicant is in the business of transporting and distributing natural gas for ultimate public use and consumption in various Colorado communities and in various rural areas, and that all of such natural gas is subject to resale.
5. That testimony presented at the hearing indicates the proposed natural gas storage project in the area described in the following order is in the public interest and welfare, and that the storage reservoir is suitable and practicable; and that the formation"to be used is non-productive of oil or gas in commercial quantities under either primary or secondary recovery methods.
6. That an agreement for subsurface storage of gas dated October 1, 1970, has been approved by the Secretary of the Interior.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED that the project as proposed by Western Slope Gas Company for the storage of natural gas in an underground reser-voir situated in the interval from the top of the Dakota formation to the top of the Morrison formation within the following described area in the Fruita Field, Mesa County, Colorado, is hereby approved: Township 9 South, Range 101 West, 6th P.M. Section 9: S/2, S/2 N/2 Section 16: Lots 1 and 2 ORDERED this 20th day of July, 1971.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary