|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE McCLAVE FIELD, BENT AND KIOWA COUNTIES, COLORADO||Cause No. 105 Order No. 105-5|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on December 19, 1961, at 10 A.M., in Room 132, State Services Building, Denver, Colorado, after publication of Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of the Frank-fort Oil Company for an order granting permission and authority to dually complete its State Bock Unit Well No, 1, located in the SW/4 NE/4, Section 31, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M., Kiowa County, Colorado, in the stray Morrow Sand and McClave Sand, with production from both common sources of supply to be separate and without commingling.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That due notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law,
2. That the Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
3. That Applicant is the operator of the State Bock Unit, covering and insofar as it does cover, Section 31, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M., Kiowa County, Colorado, and has drilled its State Bock Unit Well No. 1 in the SW/4 of the NE/4 of said Section 31.
4. That in the drilling of said well, the stray Morrow Sand was encoun-tered between the approximate depth of 4685 feet and 4703 feet; and the McClave Sand was encountered between the approximate depth of 4787 feet and 4820 feet; and that production tests indicate that said well is capable of producing from both the stray' Morrow Sand and the McClave Sand formations.
5. That all available geological and engineering data concerning the State Bock Unit Well No. 1 indicate that said well can be dually completed by perforating the casing opposite the stray Morrow Sand between the depths of 4692 feet and 4702 feet, and perforating the easing opposite the McClave Sand between the depths of 4788 feet and 4814 feet, and producing from both common sources of supply separ-ately and without commingling.
6. That the granting of Applicant's request, and the completion and pro-duction of said State Bock Unit Well No. 1 in the manner hereinabove described, will not result in waste, and that no damage will result to either formation because of such dual zone completion.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that the Frankfort Oil Company is hereby granted permission and authority to dually complete its State Bock Unit Well No. 1, located in the SW/4 of the NE/4 of Section 31, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M., Kiowa County, ColoradO, for the production of gas from the stray Morrow Sand formation through perforations between the depths of 4692 feet and 4702 feet, and from the McClave Sand formation through perforations be-tween the depths of 4788 feet and 4814 feet, with no commingling of production from said two formations prior to delivery of gas from the State Bock Unit Well No. 1 to the gathering pipeline, and the well shall be operated at all times so as to prevent any flow of gas from one formation into the other formation.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the Commission expressly reserves its right, after notice and hearing, to alter, amend or repeal any and/or all of the a-bove order.
ORDERED this 19th day of December 1961.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By D. V. Rogers, Secretary