|IN THE MATTER OF THE PROMULGATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FIELD RULES TO GOVERN OPERATIONS IN THE McCLAVE FIELD, BENT AND KIOWA COUNTIES, COLORADO||Cause No. 105 Order No. 105-16|
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on May 16, 1977 at 9 A.M., in Room 110, State Centennial Building, Denver, Colorado, after giving Notice of Hearing as required by law, on the application of Planet Associates, Inc. for an order granting an exception to the spacing pattern as established by the orders in Cause No. 105 for the McClave Field, Bent and Kiowa Counties, Colorado.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. That due notice of the time, place, and purpose of the hearing has been given in all respects as required by law.
2. That the Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
3. That on May 15, 1957, the Commission issued its Order No. 105-1 which, among other things, established 640-acre drilling and spacing units for the pro-duction of gas from the McClave Sand underlying the McClave field. The order was amended by Order No. 105-2 which provided for the permitted well to be located within a radius of 990-feet from the center of the drilling and spacing unit, with exceptions for topographical reasons. Subsequent orders were issued extending the limits of the spaced area.
4. That a well has been drilled at a location 1980 feet from the south line and 1980 feet from the east line of Section 5, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M.; however, said location is at a site where localized poor permeability conditions exist in the well bore, resulting in a low productivity well.
5. That evidence presented at the hearing indicates that an exception to the spacing pattern established in the McClave Field should be granted for a well to be drilled at a location either in the center of the SE/4SE/4 or the SW/4SE/4, or the NE/4SE/4 of Section 5, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M., and that it be the permitted well for the unit upon which it is located; however, if a commercial well is completed at the location set forth above, the Commission should, upon application of any interested person, take such action as well offset any advantage which the person securing the excep-tion may have over other producers by reason of the drilling of the well as an exception, including suitable provisions to prevent the production from the drilling unit of more than its just and equitable share of gas in the pool.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that an exception is hereby granted for a well to be drilled at a location either in the center of the SE/4SE/4 or the NE/4SE/4 of Section 5, Township 20 South, Range 48 West, 6th P.M., McClave Field, Kiowa County, Colorado, and that said well shall be the permitted well for the drilling unit upon which it is located; however, if a commercial well is completed at the location set forth above, the Commission shall, upon application of any interested person, take such action as will offset any advantage which the person securing the exception may have over other producers by reason of the drilling of the well as an exception.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the provisions contained in the above order shall become effective forthwith.
ORDERED this 16th day of May, 1977.
THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
By Frank J. Piro, Secretary
-- 2 --(105-16)