BEFORE THE OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION
IN THE MATTER OF THE UNDERGROUND DISPOSAL ) CAUSE NO. 1
OF WATER BY INJECTION IN THE IGNACIO BLANCO )
FIELD, (Formerly 1-113)
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION
This cause came on for hearing before the Commission on November 19, 1990 at 8:30 a.m., in Room 101, State Education Building, 201 East Colfax, Denver, Colorado, on the application of Amoco Production Company to convert the Tyner Lunt No. 1 in the NW¼ SE¼ Section 18U, Township 34 North, Range 98 West, South of the Ute Line, N.M.P.M., La Plata County, Colorado, for the purpose of water disposal.
The Commission finds as follows:
1. The Commission has jurisdiction over the subject matter embraced in said Notice, and of the parties interested therein, and jurisdiction to promulgate the hereinafter prescribed order.
2. Amoco gave notice as per Rule 326 (e) to each surface owner and owner as defined in C.R.S. 34-60-103 (7), within one-quarter (¼) mile of the proposed well and to owners and operators of oil and gas wells producing from the proposed injection zone within one-half (½) mile of the disposal well or to owners of cornering and contiguous units where injection will occur into the producing zones, whichever is the greater distance.
3. The Commission received one written request for public hearing from persons adversely affected.
4. At the time of hearing, no evidence or testimony was presented showing the aggrieved parties would be adversely affected; the aggrieved parties had been contacted by the staff of the Commission.
5. All requirements of Rule 326 have or will be met and fulfilled.
6. The Director should be authorized to approve the application upon completion of all requirements.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, that the Director shall be authorized to approve the application of Amoco Production Company to convert the Tyner Lunt No. 1 in the NW¼ SE¼ Section 18U, Township 34 North, Range 8 West, South of the Ute Line, N.M.P.M., La Plata County, Colorado, and further, upon completion of all the requirements of Rule 326 of the Rules and Regulations of the Commission, to authorize the underground disposal of produced water into the above described Tyner Lunt No. 1 Well.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the provisions contained in the above order shall become effective forthwith.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the Commission expressly reserves its right after notice and hearing, to alter, amend or repeal any and/or all of the above orders.
ENTERED this 4th Day of December, 1990, as of November 19, 1990.
OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF
Patricia C. Beaver