|Search Results - 5 record(s) returned.
|Construction||* Close and reclaim roads not necessary for development, including removing all bridges and culverts and
recontouring/reclaiming all stream crossings.
* Structures for perennial or intermittent stream channel crossings should be constructed using appropriately sized bridges or culverts
|Drilling/Completion Operations||One of the first wells drilled on this pad will be logged with an open-hole resistivity log with gamma-ray, from TD into the surface casing. All wells on the pad will have a cement bond log (CBL) with gamma-ray run on production casing (or on intermediate casing if production liner is run) into the surface casing. The Form 5, Completion Report, for each well on the pad will list all logs run and have those logs attached. The Form 5 for a well without open-hole logs will state “No open-hole logs were run” and will clearly identify the type of log and the well (by API#) in which open-hole logs were run.
|Drilling/Completion Operations||* Use centralized hydraulic fracturing operations, if applicable at time of operations.
* Install and maintain adequate measures to exclude all types of wildlife (e.g., big game, birds, and small rodents) from all fluid pits (e.g., fencing, netting, and other appropriate exclusion measures).
* Conduct well completions with drilling operations to limit the number of rig moves and traffic.
* WPX will run triple-combo open hole logs from well TD up to base of surface casing on one of the first wells drilled on a multi-well pad. Remaining wells on the pad will be logged with either cased hole pulsed neutron or triple-combo open hole. Every well will also have a CBL log from well TD up through well surface. Form 5 Completion Reports will identify wells on the pad with triple-combo open hole logs.
|Interim Reclamation||* Restore both form and function of impacted wetlands and riparian areas and mitigate erosion.
* Remove well pad and road surface materials that are incompatible with post-production land use and re-vegetation
* Use only certified weed-free native seed in seed mixes, except for non-native plants that benefit wildlife
* WPX Energy will use certified, weed free grass hay, straw, hay or other mulch materials used for the reseeding and
reclamation of disturbed areas.
* Install exclusionary devices to prevent bird and other wildlife access to equipment stacks, vents and openings.
* Reduce visits to well-sites through remote monitoring (i.e. SCADA) and the use of multi-function contractors.
|Planning||* Share/consolidate corridors for pipeline ROWs to the maximum extent possible.
* Maximize the utility of surface facilities by developing multiple wells from a single pad (directional drilling), and by co-locating multipurpose facilities (for example, well pads and compressors) to avoid unnecessary habitat fragmentation and disturbance of additional geographic areas.
* Minimize newly planned activities and operations within 300 feet of the ordinary high water mark of any reservoir, lake, wetland, or natural perennial or seasonally flowing stream or river.
* Locate roads outside of drainages where possible and outside of riparian habitat.
* Avoid new surface disturbance and placing new facilities in key wildlife habitats in consultation with CDOW.
* Minimize the number, length, and footprint of oil and gas development roads
* Use existing roads where possible
* Combine utility infrastructure (gas, electric, and water) planning with roadway planning to avoid separate utility corridors
* Combine and share roads to minimize habitat fragmentation
* Where possible, consolidate pipeline and existing roadways, or roadways that are planned for development
* Place roads to avoid obstructions to migratory routes for wildlife, and to avoid displacement of wildlife from public to private lands.
* Design roads with visual and auditory buffers or screens (e.g., topographic barriers, vegetation, and distance).
* Maximize the use of directional drilling to minimize habitat loss/fragmentation
* Maximize use of long-term centralized tank batteries to minimize traffic
* Maximize use of remote completion/frac operations to minimize traffic
* Maximize use of remote telemetry for well monitoring to minimize traffic
* Minimize the duration of development and avoid repeated or chronic disturbance of developed areas. Complete all
anticipated drilling within a phased, concentrated, development area during a single, uninterrupted time period.